Monday, May 16, 2011

Adam - Street Scene Update


// EDIT: Looks like I'm going to have to do some recoloring on my original items to get them to fit the new color pallet unfortunately. //


After talking with Todd last week I've got a much clearer handle on this ambiguous (to me) street corner scene I've been working on. I built a new backdrop from scratch for it and it's all unwrapped and in the process of being textured at the moment. Keeping with the Art Deco theme but stripping out the problem areas means I can still use the potted palm tree and hotel sign on this building but have a tighter, more confined piece instead.

The palm tree's will sit on either side of the door and the hotel sign will be attached to the brick above the window. I'm also going to try and incorporate the fire hydrant and stop sign in here but I'm not sure where to believably place the stop sign at the moment. :/
Suppose I could extend the base more towards the back by the pipes and put it there at the very edge (it will make the door look more like a back door then I guess).

2 comments:

  1. Awesome like I said before keep it simple....don't over think this. We can add necessarily detail later as in the fine touches....and yeah that palm tree will rest nicely. It's in the time period

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like we talked about..you are going to need some windows....I suggest also a different color for the door. Open your sidewalk up a little more for movement. It's pretty tight right now

    ReplyDelete