Monday, May 9, 2011

Sean I figured out the seam problem. 3ds Max has a different swizzle coordinate than most realtime renders (UDK/Marmoset/Viewport etc) and because my UV shell was flipped AND it was baked in max it was causing issues HOWEVER. I decided to try and bake a map out of 3Dcoat and have now decided I will bake all maps in 3Dcoat, not only does it recognize shells that do not "face up" it has a proper swizzle setting for realtime renders. It baked a flawless normal at 2048 in less than a minute and had 0 seams, even on my shells that were flipped strange directions.

I also figured out a workflow for capturing smooth footage out of marmoset at HD.

1920x1080 resolution on your monitor.

Use Camtasia to record my screen -> Uncompressed Footage -> 30 FPS -> Save as .AVI.

Drop into Premiere and edit from their. No compression, no stuttering.

I was having trouble using their in engine footage capture, it was stuttering at 1902x1080 even with my badass computer but it doesnt stutter when I just do a turn so I just decided to use camtasia, after some tweaks this seems to work well for me. Granted I need Harddrive space because my footage is like.. 96GBs a video.

1 comment: