Monday, April 25, 2011

Adam - Wk 3 Update

Update: Tree is pretty much finished and the base is looking a lot better with the higher res sculpt. The tombstone is already done, so now it's on to incidental scene decorations like rocks and grass I suppose. Suggestions for random scene decorations? (I'm going for a forgotten grave in a desert area, like a gold rush boomtown that got deserted).



Working on texturing/sculpting objects at this point. The tent cloth is coming along well but I still need to sculpt in the stiches and paint some of the parts a different color for the other pieces of material on it. For the tombstone scene I finished the retopo on the tree and I'm doing scene object placement and texturing now. The base was giving me some issues from a combination of odd geo/uv issues and I think the texture wasn't a high enough resolution so I may have to go back and repaint the texture on that. It was just fighting with me a lot more than it should have been for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Even though this is semi -cartoony make sure you watch the whipped or webbed edges on the trees. reference a real tree. there are only a few areas and on certain types of trees this may occur but not the norm

    ReplyDelete
  2. would it be possible for you to send me a static mesh of this tent for use in udk personal project?

    ReplyDelete