Sunday, April 10, 2011

So I play tested my Prison Card Game - Jailbreak (very generic name but lets just go with it), after a successful run it was terrible! It was boring, unbalanced, and lacked alot of what must games need, "fun". Anyways went back to the drawing bored and came up with a new way to make it more fun and upbeat. I know you do not know how to play so I will give you a quick run down. Object of the game is to collect all items on your given escape card. The first to aquire all 4 items wins the game. The game consists of three decks: Event Deck, Item Deck, Special Items Deck. Before the game begins, each player recieves a random Escape card, and character card. The escape card must be face down and only the controlling player may look at the card. The character card will have a special ability, and a starting weapon. Each round you will turn over an event card from the Event Deck. Each card will have a task. whether you succeed or fail, the card will specify what will happen. Most Successes will have the player recieve an item card from the Item Deck. or Special Items Deck. After the Event phase, you have a chance to fight another player for special items they may posess. If the attacker wins, he may choose a special card of his choice, if the defender wins, he may draw an item card. Defenders win on ties. Here are my changes after game play: -Cut stats on charcters from: [Fight, Quickness, Charisma, Luck] to [Attack, Defend, Skill] -Now there are 2 sets of dice to roll: Blue die have the probability of 2/6 successes Red die have the probability of 3/6 successes Edited each weapon, item, and action card to make it fit with these new dice. -Changed all events to how you succeed/fail. Instead of needing a set number of success to pass you need only 1 success. -Made Special Items in their own deck now. -Special Items are now face up. I have been thinking about making the game be set in the future, idea given to me by Sean, and have android players how can have special andriod items, and special human items. Mix the game up a bit, but before I jump to that I want to have successful game mechanics. As for Choas, the MOBA I have been working on, I have not had a chance to edit the Game Doc. But have been making drastic changes to make the game player more PvP. Here is the game doc so far: http://avd373.aisites.com/Portfolio/Game%20Design/Chaos.html -I shrank the map to a smaller size -Outpost do not attack unless upgraded -There are more outpost around the map -XP gain was increased As for balancing issues, I will address those later. I have been attempting a way to fix spawning units, but will continue scripting. As for Left 4 Dead 2: LockDown, I finsihed the entire layout on paper. I have half of the level created already, but have not had a chance to work on it. My laptop can not run L4D, and I have been home in Granite Bay for a family emergency so I have only been able to work on my laptop. I will hopefully have a FRAPS of it Monday night. So far the pacing is quite fast, because of the tight quarters, and short hallways. I think I am going to have to expand every hall double its length. And I am trying to prevent the "I can just run through the entire level with an auto-snipe or axe and GG" Because I have only recently learned Steam, I have been learning more and more so I may advance my level to a L4D playable standard. What I want to accomplish is a basic layout of the Level. As more my At War project, I have been learning Python scripting and trying to add more and more to the game I made last quarter. It was suppose to be a game where you are a soldier trying to get through the beach front to the other side. During your journey you are attack by enemies and gunners. Through the multi-level trenches, bomber planes swoop down and drop bombs down your path. Well it is nothing like that what so ever. I had a guy pushing sandbags up a screen while dodging enemy sad faces. During the break I took what I made a made a basic level, with a guy who can shoot, and falling enemies that hit you. This weekend I ended implementing: -a random level generator -2 power-ups: Tri-Shot Life bonus -Enemies have health that deplete -UI now has: Scoring system, Lives left, and enemies on screen Anyways I wish I worked more on my projects, just had to help my family out. Hopefully Monady I can bust somethings out quick before Tuesday. -V

1 comment:

  1. WOW Vito big report....what I need also is a fraps demo of that Python game showing your work. Yeah really think outside the box for the prison break. Generically being in prison just isn't fun

    ReplyDelete