Thursday, April 28, 2011

JSiu Update

I've been working on all 3 scenes and realized that it would just be easier if I just post a broader overview.

Here's an updated shot of the scenes that will be in my grad reel.

Viewing Order:
1. NYC Subway
2. Church Scene (Low Poly)
3. Kraken

-NYC Subway Scene: I overhauled almost all the UV's on each mesh. I added in additional edges to areas where the lines were too sharp. I created tile-able textures for the walls and floors, added grime maps under objects. I still need to add in an overall grunge (scuffs on the floor) map for the floor. I have a few ambient trash objects that I will populate in the scene. I plan to light this in UDK.





-Low Poly Church Scene (Pardon the checkered texture, I'm in the process of unwrapping the meshes before I sculpt them in Z-brush). Ideally I will add in some grass, dirt, and populate the graves when they are finished. I will create my turntable and lighting in Marmoset.



-Kraken: I've updated my Kraken and Kraken scene with a more accurate Humboldt Squid. I have two ships that I need to break up a bit in the scene. The squid is still in a neutral position. I need to rig it so I can control the arms and have it wrap around the hull of the larger ship and smaller ship. The fishes and rocks still need sculpting and I still need to add in more coral.

2 comments:

  1. Same input as we discussed on Friday.....Let me know how the importing goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Thanks!! I'll give you a buzz if there's any issues!

    ReplyDelete