Sunday, April 10, 2011

Viking Camp/ Diorama Bases





I've almost finished the base for the Viking Camp diorama. It's entirely a combination of layered shaders and vertex painting to blend textures at the moment. I'll be adding more supplementary rock shards in the lava and the camp elements are going to be placed around once they are ready. I was debating on adding snow like the original scene had, but I think it blends better with the dark soil and moss instead.

The last one is the base for the City Props scene so far. It's going to be some blacktop pavement with a manhole cover and a sidewalk once I get to sculpting it.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure the rock sticking out of the lava looks like lava rock and right at the lip were the lava cools could be some nice hardened, air cooled lava rock...good excuse to make lava normal maps

    ReplyDelete