Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nathalie Update

This week is about optimization for me. Especially with the Twisted Tales project, their is a serious frame rate issue which means I need to clean up the scene to make sure there isn't any unnecessary assets. I decided that since I will only be screen shooting part of the level I would eliminate anything we didn't see to help with the fps. I am having a real time though deciding how to showcase my work on Headcase, should I show parts of each level or just one level? I managed the animation team,l created the Microsoft Project files and helped with the excel spreadsheets... It is a tricky scenario. For Pogo, the simple game in Unity, I'll be working on fixing some of the art for the level and animation.
As for my internship work, I talked with the guys from DS3 and when the game comes out I can use video from the game but since the submission for the demo reel is that week, I plan to have some temp videos then put in more actual footage for port show. The Unannounced stuff I worked on for New Vegas is a Tricky story, when it is announced it will be up for further negotiation but at the moment it looks like I will only be able to use some screenshots at most at the moment.
All in all, I know what I want to put in my demo reel and for week 3 I will have a rough cut of my demo reel all ready to be looked at. I'll be focusing on getting all getting all the footage in class, although I will want to discuss what to do with Headcase as a top priority. I have also done revisions to my LinkedIn Page, resume and cover letter this week as well since I have already started applying for jobs.

Edit: Instead of a blog why not create a forum? That way it is more organized . It is super simple and I can help you create it if you like. :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you have fraps of anything? As for Headcase pick only the good parts - and where you did a lot of work- If that is still hard pick the most polished scene

    So did you just try fraps on one thing this week and sent a couple of e-mails out? No actual work on Pogo?

    ReplyDelete